Toyota LandCruiser 76, 78 & 79 Series 1VD 4.5L V8 Turbo Diesel to 6 Speed Automatic Transmission conversion
This conversion suits all 2007 to 09/ 2016 including utes, wagons, dual cabs & troopys
The 6 speed 6L90 transmission we have selected for this conversion is used in many heavy duty GM applications such as vans, trucks and pick-ups. These are rated to a maximum 1200nm (885 lb-ft). They are rated up to a GVM of 6,803 kg and a GCM of 9,525 kg which is more than your 70 series should ever need.
Our 6 speed automatic conversion is a bolt in setup, the transmission bolts to the original cross member using the factory mounting rubber. The transfer case remains in the factory location so your factory tail shafts are reused without modification. The factory low range lever bolts to the side of the transmission.
Once on the road you will experience a slick smooth shifting auto that will totally transform your LandCruiser. You will take off with no effort even when loaded to the GCM due to the low 4.027 first gear. The short first gear is also fantastic for step down hill low range crawling, even with 35" tyres. Cruising down the highway in 6th gear at 100km/h sees the engine sitting at 1800 rpm ... just a little better than the factory 2400 rpm.
The 6L90 automatic transmission has 3 selectable shift modes:
- Standard automatic shift (torque converter lock up in gears 4, 5 & 6)
- Tow haul or 4WD mode - holds gears longer, increased shift pressures and engine braking (torque converter lock up in gears 2 to 6)
- Full manual shift mode (torque converter lock up in gears 2 to 6)
|6L90 Gear Ratios|
Marks 4WD Adaptors install the 6 speed automatic transmission to customers vehicles in house or through one of our trained dealers.
The kit will be supplied with the following brand new components:
- GM 6L90 automatic transmission and torque converter
- Auto flex plate, counter weight, spacer and bolts
- Bell housing adaptor
- Transfer case adaptor
- Computer & wiring loom
- Full size auto brake pedal
- PWR Radiator with internal oil cooler
- External transmission cooler
- All transmission lines to suit
- Auto shifter with manual tap shift buttons and console
- All bolts, nuts and washers required
If you have any questions, please phone or send an enquiry on the form below.
To arrange a test drive, please contact our sales team on 03 9552 6555 or click here to find a dealer in your state.