Nissan GU Patrol Fitted with a Duramax Engine - Hydraulic Brake Booster Upgrade
To Suit Nissan Patrol - GU / Y61 non ABS vehicle fitted with a Duramax engine;
Bolt in Hydraulic Brake Booster upgrade kit - complete with hoses and all required parts for installation.
Hydraulic Brake Booster Upgrade Kit To Suit GU / Y61 Nissan Patrol non ABS models fitted with a Duramax engine
We use AC Delco hydraulic brake booster units that we buy from AC Delco in the US. Once they arrive they are stripped and machined so they are a bolt in fit to the Nissan GU Patrols.
The hydraulic brake booster unit runs off the power steering pump in line with the steering box. The vehicles steering remains unaffected. This style of hydraulic unit has been used in braking systems for decades in most Ford and Chevrolet heavy duty vehicles, they are well proven for reliability and performance. The line pressure in the braking system is increased when using the hydraulic unit from around 1,000 PSI up to around 2,000 PSI depending on model. As the pressure is increased we recommend at a minimum to replace your old factory rubber brake lines - we offer ADR approved stainless steel braided brake lines.
We have had the vehicles tested by our engineer and can provide the testing documentation to allow you to get the unit approved into your vehicle.
Advantages of our upgrade kit:
- Reduced pedal effort
- Increased stopping power
- More responsive brake pedal
- Engineered to meet VSB14 requirements
- Genuine AC Delco hydraulic brake booster - modified to suit the Patrol
- Power steering pump to hydraulic brake booster unit hose
- Hydraulic brake booster to power steering box hose
- Low pressure return hose
- Return line T piece
- Hose clamps
Optional items we recommend fitting when doing the hydraulic brake booster upgrade:
- ADR approved stainless steel braided brake lines - made to suit your vehicle and suspension lift
- High temp ceramic brake pads
- High quality slotted brake rotors
- New brake master cylinder
Note: The hoses supplied with this unit will only fit right hand drive vehicles