Toyota Hilux KUN26 with ABS- Hydraulic Brake Booster Upgrade
Toyota Hilux KUN26 with ABS brakes (not suitable for VSC vehicles)
Bolt in Hydraulic Brake Booster upgrade kit - complete kit with hoses, lines and all required fitting components.
NOTE:Most ABS models will be required to replace the airbox to turbo hose (Toyota part number 17881-0L110 - RRP $175.00) alternatively you could modify the standard hose or fabricate a new one.
Hydraulic Brake Booster Upgrade Kit To Suit KUN26 Toyota Hilux - (not suitable for VSC vehicles)
The hydraulic brake booster unit runs off the power steering pump in line with the steering box. The vehicles steering remains unaffected. These style hydraulic units have been used in braking systems for decades in most Ford and Chevrolet heavy duty vehicles, they are well proven for reliability and performance. The line pressure in the braking system is increased when using the hydraulic unit from around 1,000 PSI up to around 2,000 PSI depending on model. As the pressure is increased we recommend at a minimum to replace your old factory rubber brake lines - we offer ADR approved stainless steel braided brake lines.
NOTE: Most ABS models will be required to replace the airbox to turbo hose (Toyota part number 17881-0L110 - RRP $175.00) alternatively you could modify the standard hose or fabricate a new one.
Our Test vehicle - 79 series dual cab LandCruiser at 3780kg
The hydro boost stopping distance has been tested from 100 km\h
- Standard vacuum booster - 98 metres
- Hydraulic booster - 58 metres
Advantages of our upgrade kit:
- Decreased stopping distance
- Reduced pedal effort
- Increased stopping power
- More responsive brake pedal
- Genuine AC Delco hydraulic brake booster - machined to bolt into the KUN26R Toyota Hilux vehicles
- Power steering pump to hydraulic brake booster unit line
- Hydraulic brake booster to power steering box line
- Low pressure return line
Optional items we recommend fitting when doing the hydraulic brake booster upgrade:
- ADR approved stainless steel braided brake lines - made to suit your vehicle and suspension lift
- Replace / flush brake fluid
- High temp Ceramic brake pads
- High quality slotted brake rotors
Note: The hoses supplied with this unit will only fit right hand drive vehicles