Heavy Duty Transfer Case Adaptor to suit 4L60E 6-bolt to Nissan Patrol GQ, GU (RD28, RB30)
Our Marks4WD heavy-duty 4L60E (6 bolt rear housing) transfer case adaptor is designed to install the factory transfer case from the RD28 (2.8L) or RB30 (3.0L) 6-cylinder engines into your GQ / GU Nissan Patrol.
The kit has been designed to make the conversion from manual to automatic (or vice versa) as straightforward as possible using our transfer case adaptor housing to replace the factory automatic transmission extension housing.
We have designed the kit keeping the transfer case and cross member in the factory location; therefore, for most installations, no modification is required to the front and rear tail shafts.
This new heavy-duty kit is supplied with a new transfer case input gear that accepts the factory 4L60E output shaft. This new gear will require swapping bearings from the existing factory input gear. Alternatively, you could put new bearings and seals in your transfer case with a rebuild kit. GQ TKN6 or GU TKN8
(This depends on the new engine and gearbox being swapped together to ensure the engine mounts are in the correct location.)
The factory High / Low lever is reinstalled using our High / Low linkage extension mounting and lockout plate onto the new transfer case adaptor.
- The TH700R-4 & 4L60E have an overall case length of 594mm when coupled up to our adaptor housing (155mm), giving a total overall transmission length of 749mm, resulting in the same length as a factory Patrol manual transmission when fitted with our MFG1905 bell housings.
- Transfer Case Adaptor Housing
- Transfer Case Input Gear (the factory 4L60E output shaft is retained)
- High / Low Linkage Extension
- High / Low Lockout Plate
- Oil pressure sensor adaptor MFK40375
- Water temperature adaptor MFK640G3
- Downloadable Instructions
To Suit – Nissan Patrol
- GQ / GU – RD28 (2.8L) transfer case
- GU – RB30 (3.0L) transfer case
- 4L60e transmissions from an all-wheel-drive or 4WD vehicle will require a 2wd output shaft to be installed.