Transfer Case Adaptor – 4L60E to Toyota LandCruiser 80, 100 Series 5-Speed (HF2A Case)
Our Marks4WD transfer case adaptor for the Toyota LandCruiser V8 engine conversion using the 4L60E automatic transmission.
The kit is designed to use a GM transmission from a 2WD vehicle.
The 4L60E 4WD version has a short output shaft and can not be used unless you replace the output shaft with one from a 2WD version.
The overall length of the GM transmission and the adaptor is the same as the original LandCruiser 5-speed gearbox when fitted with either of our MFK1060, MFK1045 or MFK1260 Chevy V8 to manual transmission kits.
When using a 4L60E six-bolt transmission, an additional adaptor housing is required. This adaptor is supplied in the kit and converts the six-bolt pattern back to the four-bolt TH700/4L60E pattern.
The new adaptor also extends the 4L60E/6 transmission length, making it the same length as the TH700/4L60E transmissions.
The automatic transmission main output shaft drives the transfer case through the new transfer case, and the input shaft is supplied in the kit. The transfer case will need to be disassembled to fit the new input shaft supplied in the kit.
The automatic transmission main output shaft is retained. Therefore, the transmission will not require disassembly. However, the shaft will need to be cut down to fit into the new transfer case input shaft.
The hi-low 4WD-lever housing is simply bolted to the top of the new adaptor housing and emerges through the original hole in the transmission tunnel.
- 2 Adaptor housings
- Transfer case input shaft
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser
- 80 & 100 series
- Full-time 4WD HF2A 5-speed manual transfer case
- The new transfer case input shaft supplied in the kit does not have a spline for the PTO option. The adaptor housing is machined to accept the 80/100 series HF2A transmission mounting rubber.
- The 4L60E automatic transmission oil pan will require modification to clear the front tail shaft on all 80 & 100 Series LandCruiser’s
- The 700R4 and 4L60E have an overall case length of 594 mm/23.4″. The 4L60E six bolt has an overall case length of 553 mm/21.8″.