Transmission Handbrake – Toyota LandCruiser VDJ79 Single Cab (08/2016 on)
Our Marks4Wd Transmission Handbrake kit (MFK20085) is manufactured to suit the 08/2016 on VDJ79 single-cab Toyota LandCruisers with a specially designed bash plate for this model.
The factory LandCruiser 70 series drum in disc handbrake is well known for filling with debris, quickly getting out of adjustment and giving the operator no confidence in its effectiveness.
Our transmission handbrake is mounted on the transfer case output shaft, keeping the brake up out of the road grime and debris, maximising service life, reducing service intervals and saving costly parts.
The advantage of a transmission brake is that it locks the entire drive train, including all four wheels when the transfer case is locked in 4WD. As the handbrake is mounted before the differential, you also gain the 3.9:1 differential ratio advantage over braking at the wheels.
When installing the Marks4wd Handbrake upgrade to your vehicle, the original handbrake cable, shoes, clips, etc., can be removed.
- Large 240mm drum – designed for vehicles with a weight exceeding 4000kg
- Locks the entire drive-train (all four wheels when in 4WD)
- Increased reliability and safety
- Improved service life
- Increased holding ability
- Ease of servicing
- Minimised servicing time and costs
- Easy on-vehicle adjustment of the handbrake
- Transfer Case Bash Plate
- Adaptor Housing
- Handbrake Drum
- Oil Seal
- Bolts, Washers
- Downloadable Instructions
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser (Single cab)
- VDJ79 (Single Cab only August 2016 on)
- For Dual Cab and Wagon, refer to mfk20080
- No modification to the rear driveshaft with standard height suspension
- Shorten rear driveshaft by 5 to 10mm with 50mm raised suspension
- The handbrake drum hangs slightly lower than the transfer case