Transmission Handbrake – Toyota LandCruiser HZJ76, HZJ79 (Single Cab, Dual Cab, Wagons)
Transmission Handbrake MFK33000 manufactured to suit the 5 Speed Split transfer case LandCruiser HZJ70 series single cab, dual cab & wagon Models.
The factory LandCruiser 70 series drum in disc handbrake is well known for filling with debris, quickly getting out of adjustment and giving the operator no confidence in its effectiveness.
Our transmission handbrake is mounted on the transfer case output shaft keeping the brake up out of the road grime and debris, maximising service life, reducing service intervals and saving costly parts.
The advantage of a transmission brake is that it locks the entire drive-train, including all four wheels in four-wheel drive vehicles when selected. As the handbrake is mounted before the differential, you also gain the differential ratio advantage over braking at the wheels.
When installing the Marks4wd Handbrake upgrade to your vehicle, the original handbrake cable, shoes, clips, etc., can be removed.
- Large 240mm drum – designed for vehicles with a weight exceeding 4000kg
- Increased reliability and safety
- Improved service life
- Increased holding ability
- Ease of servicing
- Minimised servicing time and costs
- Easy on-vehicle adjustment of the handbrake
- Transfer Case Bash Plate
- Adaptor Housing
- Handbrake Drum
- Oil Seal
- Bolts, Washers
- Downloadable Instructions (requires login)
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser (Single Cab, Dual Cab, Wagons)
- HZJ79 – 4.2L Diesel (5 – Speed split transfer case)
- HZJ76 – 4.2L Diesel (5 – Speed split transfer case)
- No modification to the rear driveshaft with standard height suspension
- Shorten rear driveshaft by 5 to 10mm with 50mm raised suspension
- The handbrake drum hangs slightly lower than the transfer case