Transmission Handbrake – Toyota LandCruiser HZJ79 (Single Cab)
Our Marks4WD Transmission Handbrake MFK33002 is manufactured to suit the 5 Speed Split transfer case Toyota LandCruiser HZJ79 series single cab vehicle.
The factory LandCruiser 70 series drum in disc handbrake is well known for filling with debris, quickly getting out of adjustment and giving the operator no confidence in its effectiveness.
Our transmission handbrake is mounted on the transfer case output shaft keeping the brake up out of the road grime and debris, maximising service life, reducing service intervals and saving costly parts.
The advantage of a transmission brake is that it locks the entire drive-train, including all four wheels in four-wheel drive vehicles when selected. As the handbrake is mounted before the differential, you also gain the differential ratio advantage over braking at the wheels.
When installing the Marks4wd Handbrake upgrade to your vehicle, the original handbrake cable, shoes, clips, etc., can be removed.
- Large 240mm drum – designed for vehicles with a weight exceeding 4000kg
- Locks the entire drive-train (all four wheels when in 4WD)
- Increased reliability and safety
- Improved service life
- Increased holding ability
- Ease of servicing
- Minimised servicing time and costs
- Easy on-vehicle adjustment of the handbrake
- Adaptor Housing
- Handbrake Drum
- Oil Seal
- Bolts, Washers
- Downloadable Instructions
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser (Single Cab)
- HZJ79 – 4.2L Diesel (5-Speed split transfer case)
- No modification to the rear driveshaft with standard height suspension
- For 50mm raised suspension, you will need to shorten the rear driveshaft by 5 to 10mm
- The handbrake drum hangs slightly lower than the transfer case
- The Single Cab kit is identical to the dual cab/wagon kit MFK33000, except for the absence of the Bash Plate.
- For our Dual Cab / Wagon kit, refer to MFK33000