Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit LS V8 to Patrol GQ TB4.2L / GU TB4.5L, 4.8L (Manual Gearbox)
Our Marks4WD Bell Housing Adaptor Kit suits an LS2, LS3 V8 engine conversion to the Nissan Patrol GQ / GU TB engine models fitted with the factory manual gearbox.
The ultimate Australian-designed and manufactured full replacement bell housing conversion setup for fitting a 6.0/6.2L LS Series V8 engine to the Nissan Patrol 5-speed manual gearbox with bolt-in engine mounts. This custom-made bell housing adaptor is engineered and manufactured exclusively by Mark’s 4WD Adaptors.
The Marks4wd bell housing adaptor spaces the new LS engine away from the irregular shape of the Nissan Patrol firewall. Meaning no firewall modifications or re-positioning of the transfer case is required. You’ll notice our housing is designed with a scalloped section on the base to allow the right-hand exhaust to cross under the housing to give as much ground clearance as possible.
An input shaft extension is supplied in this kit that fits over the original Nissan gearbox input shaft. This shaft allows us to change to the 26-tooth GM spline, allowing a custom GM-style clutch with a much higher clamping ability than the Nissan clutches. We use a heavy-duty Exedy clutch cover & an Exedy organic plate with a massive 1250kg clamp load. This clutch is best suited for all N/A (naturally aspirated) engines.
Included are a new clutch master cylinder and a self-adjusting concentric slave cylinder matched perfectly to the clutch. Once the bell housing/clutch/flywheel setup is installed, you will have a very smooth and even clutch feel, with loads of clamping pressure to handle all N/A engines. Our custom clutch is bolted to a heavy-duty billet flywheel designed for 4WD applications. It is 10mm thicker than the factory LS flywheel, which is prone to cracking. The greater weight also helps the engine maintain momentum at low rpm, which is perfect for 4WDing.
The engine mounts in this kit are the popular bolt-in style, meaning no welding is required! The block brackets have been designed to bolt onto the factory 4 bolt chassis models using mounting rubbers specifically designed for this engine conversion. It is all bolted together using the supplied nuts, bolts and washers.
- Full replacement bell housing – pre-assembled with the internal concentric slave cylinder
- Input shaft extension
- Spigot bearing
- Cover plate
- Genuine Nissan gearbox input shaft seal
- Oil pressure and water temp sender adaptors
- Heavy-duty billet steel flywheel
- Heavy-duty Exedy clutch kit – 1250kg clamp load
- Clutch master cylinder and braided clutch line
- ARP flywheel crank bolts
- Alignment tool
- Fixing hardware
- Heavy-duty Australian-made bolt-in engine mounts
- Bolt-in Chassis mount
- Nissan engine mount rubber
- Nuts, bolts & washers
- Downloadable Instructions
To Suit – Nissan Patrol
- GQ (Y60) TB4.2L (factory 5-speed manual) (4 bolt chassis mounts only)
- GU (Y61) TB4.5L, 4.8L (factory 5-speed manual)
- LS2 (VE, VF only), LS3 Series V8’s
- Not suitable for front leaf spring vehicles such as the early cab chassis GQ and Ford Maverick vehicles
- Not suitable for GQ Patrols fitted with 2-bolt chassis mounts
- The LS engine accessories (alternator & air conditioning) will require high-mounted kits due to the position of the engine brackets.
- No low-mount accessories will work with this setup.
- We can supply these modified accessory mounts for your setup – Accessory kits