LS series V8 engine to Land Rover 4 & 5-speed manual
Conversion from a Rover V8 to an LS series V8 engine, to suit:
- County - 4 & 5-speed manual transmission
- Defender - 4 & 5-speed manual transmission
- Discovery - 4 & 5-speed manual transmission
- Range Rover - 4 & 5-speed manual transmission
This kit is made to suit vehicles fitted with the following Rover alloy V8 engine and a 4 or 5 speed manual transmission:
- It will not suit vehicles fitted with the 4.0L & 4.6L BMW/Bosch engine and later
- As the original GM flywheel has 168 teeth it is too large to fit in the Land Rover bell housing. Our MFK1947 LS 153 tooth flywheel and starter motor kit is required to be used.
The GM V8 engine kit consists of an adaptor plate that bolts to the rear of the engine. The standard Range Rover / Land Rover V8 bell housing then bolts to the rear of the adaptor plate. The transmission does not need re positioning for this conversion as the GM V8 engine has similar external dimensions as the Range Rover / Land Rover V8 engine.
A spigot bush, spigot bush adaptor, bell housing cover plate and all the required bolts are supplied with the kit.
Engine mounting kits are not currently available.
Our new 153 tooth LS flywheel and starter motor must be used with this conversion. The factory LS 168 tooth flywheel and clutch cannot be used due to their larger diameter which will not fit into the Land Rover housing.
See below for the flywheel kit.
Due to the extra power put out by the LS engines we have put together a clutch kit comprising of a heavy duty clutch and pressure plate to suit our new 153 tooth flywheel. We have clutch kits to suit both the 10 spline 4 speed gearbox and the 23 spline 5 speed gearbox.
See below for available clutch kits.
- Adaptor plate
- Flywheel cover plate
- Thrust bearing spacer
- Spigot bush
- Spigot bush adaptor