Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit LS Series V8 to Land Rover / Range Rover 4 & 5-Speed Manual
Our Marks4WD Bell Housing Adaptor Kit suits an LS Series V8 engine conversion to the Land Rover Range Rover originally fitted with the Rover V8 engine.
This kit is designed to suit vehicles originally fitted with the 3.5L, 3.9L Rover alloy V8 engine with a 4 or 5-speed manual transmission:
The GM V8 engine kit consists of an adaptor plate that bolts to the rear of the engine, with the standard Range Rover / Land Rover V8 bell housing bolts onto the rear of the adaptor plate. The transmission does not need repositioning for this conversion as the GM V8 engine has similar external dimensions as the Range Rover / Land Rover V8 engine.
Our new 153-tooth LS flywheel and starter motor must be used with this conversion, as the factory LS 168-tooth flywheel and clutch are larger in diameter and will not fit into the Land Rover housing.
Flywheel Kit – MFK1947
Due to the extra power put out by the LS engines, we have put together a clutch kit comprising a heavy-duty clutch and pressure plate to suit our new 153-tooth flywheel.
Clutch kits are available to suit both the 10-spline 4-speed gearbox and the 23-spline 5-speed gearbox.
- LS V8 Engine to Rover 10.5″ – 10T Spline – MCK410G3
- LS V8 Engine to Rover 10.5″ – 23T Spline – MCK410G3F
- LS series V8 to Land Rover, Range Rover, Discovery Series 2 – mfk40240
- Adaptor plate
- Flywheel cover plate
- Thrust bearing spacer
- Spigot bush & adaptor
- Bolts, Washers
- Downloadable Instructions
- Land Rover County – 4 & 5-speed manual gearbox
- Land Rover Defender – 4 & 5-speed manual gearbox
- Land Rover Discovery – 4 & 5-speed manual gearbox
- Range Rover – 4 & 5-speed manual gearbox
- LS1, LS2, LS3 Series V8’s
- Not suitable for vehicles fitted with the 4.0L. 4.6L BMW / Bosch engines
- A new 153-tooth flywheel MFK1947 is required as the original LS flywheel is larger, containing 168 teeth making it too large to fit within the bell housing.