The original Commodore sump drops at the front and will not clear the front diff in a 4WD.
The GM rear drop aluminium truck sump can be used but must be modified to clear the steering tie/track rod in most coil-sprung vehicles.
Marks 4WD Adaptors remanufacture these GM truck sumps to suit conversions, and they come complete with a modified pickup, dipstick, dipstick tube and all required nuts, bolts and washers.
This sump does not use an internal pressure relief valve; therefore, it is important to use the correct oil filter, which has a pressure relief valve within the filter.
- Measured to the high mark on the dipstick = 5.6 litres
- Modified Cast Aluminium Truck Sump
- Modified Oil Pickup
- Windage Tray
- Downloadable Instructions
Vehicles with coil springs and the tie rod positioned rear of the front diff
- Nissan Patrol
- Toyota LandCruiser – 70, 80 & 105 Series (Coil Springs)
- Toyota Hilux – Leaf Front Springs
- Sump Capacity 5.6 Litres
- If you use a standard sump, you run the risk of the tie rod punching a hole in the sump.