- Ask a Question
- Reviews (0)
Hydraulic Brake Booster Upgrade Kit to suit HZJ80 / HDJ80 Toyota LandCruisers (ABS & non-ABS)
The Marks 4WD kit utilises the AC Delco hydraulic brake booster units sourced from AC Delco in the USA. Our workshop then completely strips down and machines each unit for a direct bolt-in fit to the particular vehicle model.
This style of hydraulic unit has been used in braking systems for decades in most Ford and Chevrolet heavy-duty vehicles where they are well proven for reliability and performance.
The hydraulic brake booster unit connects in line with your existing power steering pump without affecting the operation or feel of the factory steering.
As the line pressure in the braking system is increased when using the hydraulic unit from around 1,000 PSI up to around 2,000 PSI, we recommend replacing your old factory rubber brake lines with our Marks 4WD ADR approved stainless steel braided brake lines.
The test results braking from 100km/h demonstrates why the upgrade is an important addition to your vehicle.
(Note: Results will vary with tyre dimensions, vehicle model and modifications)
Test vehicle – 79 series dual cab LandCruiser weighing 3780kg
- Braking Distance – Standard factory vacuum – 98 metres
- Braking Distance – Marks4wd Hydraulic booster – 58 metres
Advantages of our Upgrade
- Reduced pedal effort
- Increased stopping power
- More responsive brake pedal
- Engineered to meet VSB14 requirements
- Genuine AC Delco hydro brake booster – modified to suit each vehicle model
- All required hoses, hose clamps, bolts & washers
- Downloadable Instructions (requires login)
Optional Brake Lines
- Click here for our Toyota LandCruiser 80 Series Braided Brake Lines
- Assembled inhouse here at Marks4WD
- Made to Order – Allow 3-5 business days before dispatch from the date of order
- Every hose is pressure tested to 3000PSI in our workshop
- Sold as complete sets only
- High temperature brake pads
- High quality slotted brake rotors
- New brake master cylinder
- Suits vehicles fitted with a 2 bolt master cylinder
- An indentation will need to be made to the factory airbox for clearance to the brake master cylinder.
- If your vehicle has an Air Control Valve attached to the power steering pump banjo fitting, please contact our office to confirm fitment before purchasing this product.
- The hoses supplied with this unit will only fit right-hand drive vehicles
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser (ABS & non-ABS)
- HZJ80 – 4.2L 6cyl Diesel
- HDJ80 – 4.2L 6cyl Turbo Diesel
- 01/1990 – 1998
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Be the first to review this product.