Toyota LandCruiser HZJ80 & HDJ80 - Hydraulic Brake Booster Upgrade
To Suit Toyota LandCruiser HZJ80 & HDJ80 - 01/1990 - 1998:
- HZJ80 - 4.2L 6 cyl Diesel
- HDJ80 - 4.2L 6 cyl Turbo Diesel
Note: Suits vehicles with a 2 bolt master cylinder
Bolt in Hydraulic Brake Booster upgrade kit - complete kit with hoses, lines and all required fitting components.
Hydraulic Brake Booster Upgrade Kit To Suit HZJ80 & HDJ80 Toyota LandCruisers
NOTE: Suits vehicles fitted with a 2 bolt master cylinder. 1995 on ABS master cylinders are approx 10mm longer other 2 bolt types.
NOTE: Approximately, a 25mm groove will need to be made for master cylinder clearance on the factory airbox. This can be done by marking the section to be clearanced on the airbox, with the lid still intact pein hammer a groove in the airbox until you achieve clearance.
We use AC Delco hydraulic brake booster units that we buy from AC Delco in the US. Once they arrive they are stripped and machined so they are a bolt in fit to the HZJ80 & HDJ80 Toyota LandCruisers.
The hydraulic brake booster unit runs off the power steering pump in line with the steering box. The vehicles steering remains unaffected. These style hydraulic units have been used in braking systems for decades in most Ford and Chevrolet heavy duty vehicles, they are well proven for reliability and performance. The line pressure in the braking system is increased when using the hydraulic unit from around 1,000 PSI up to around 2,000 PSI depending on model. As the pressure is increased we recommend at a minimum to replace your old factory rubber brake lines - we offer ADR approved stainless steel braided brake lines.
The hydro boost stopping distance has been tested from 100 km\h
Test vehicle - 79 series dual cab LandCruiser at 3780kg
- Standard vacuum - 98 metres
- Hydraulic booster - 58 metres
Advantages of our upgrade kit:
- Reduced pedal effort
- Increased stopping power
- Genuine AC Delco hydraulic brake booster
- More responsive brake pedal
- Genuine AC Delco hydraulic brake booster - machined to bolt into the HZJ80 & HDJ80 Toyota LandCruiser vehicles
- Power steering pump to hydraulic brake booster unit line
- Hydraulic brake booster to power steering box line
- Low pressure return line
- Return line T piece
- Hose clamps
- Nuts, bolts & washers
Optional items we recommend fitting when doing the hydraulic brake booster upgrade:
- ADR approved stainless steel braided brake lines - made to suit your vehicle and suspension lift
- High temp ceramic brake pads
- High quality slotted brake rotors
- New brake master cylinder