Bell Housing Adaptor Kit – Chev V8 Diesel (6.2L, 6.5L) to LandCruiser 60, 70 Series 10/1984 on (Manual)
Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit Chev V8 diesel engine conversion to Toyota LandCruiser 60, 70 Series fitted with the factory 5-speed manual gearbox
- Toyota LandCruiser 60 series – FJ60, FJ62, HJ60, HJ61, BJ60 (BJ see note below) 5-speed manual gearboxes (10/1984 on)
- Toyota LandCruiser 70 series – FJ70, FJ73, FJ75, HJ73, HJ75, BJ73, BJ75 (BJ see note below) 5-speed manual gearboxes (10/1984 on)
AUD$4,200.00 (Excl. Tax AUD$3,818.18)
- Ask a Question
- Reviews (0)
Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit Chev V8 (6.2L, 6.5L) Diesel to LandCruiser 60, 70 Series 10/1984 on (Manual)
This kit comprises of a full replacement bell housing running a 2 piece steel flywheel. The new steel flywheel is the same design as the one used with the LS series engine kits. You use the original Chev Diesel manual flywheel with the supplied crankshaft adaptor/spacer is bolted to the crankshaft. The new steel flywheel is drilled and doweled to accept the standard LandCruiser 11″ clutch as fitted to FJ## series engines. The flywheel assembly is heavier than a standard flywheel, giving greater inertia allowing the engine to idle smoother. The extra weight also helps to give less chance of stalling the engine when off road, climbing over rocks, and taking off on steep inclines. The extra weight of the flywheel has no adverse effect on the engine.
When fitting the GM V8 to a BJ LandCruiser either a gearbox swap or a gearbox modification/rebuild is required. The input shaft in the BJ gearbox has a 21 tooth clutch spline and must be changed to a 10 tooth type as found in the petrol FJ## models.
Changing the input shaft allows the use of our kit part no. (MFK371#####). The new flywheel is drilled and doweled to accept the LandCruiser 11″ clutch along with the new bell housing that measures 240mm/9.45″ in length. The new bell housing and flywheel combination have been designed to move the engine forward giving adequate clearance between the cylinder heads and firewall. Re positioning of the transmission or firewall modifications are not required with this kit.
The bell housing accepts all the LandCruiser 2F 6-cylinder petrol components such as the bell housing mounts, slave cylinder, clutch fork etc. This means, some additional “2F” petrol parts will be required. Left and right bell housing mounts and bolts, clutch slave cylinder, push rod and bolts, thrust bearing carrier, clutch fork, clutch fork pivot, clutch fork boot, bell housing breather boot & gearbox front cover plate.
- Bell housing
- Crankshaft adaptor
- Flywheel cover plate
- Spigot bearing
- Oil pressure sender adaptor
- Water temperature sender adaptor
- Bolts, Washers
- Downloadable Instructions (requires login)
- Toyota LandCruiser 60 series – FJ60, FJ62, HJ60, HJ61 & BJ60 (BJ see note below) 5-speed manual gearboxes (10/1984 on)
- Toyota LandCruiser 70 series – FJ70, FJ73, FJ75, HJ73, HJ75, BJ73 & BJ75 (BJ see note below) 5-speed manual gearboxes (10/1984 on)
- The original Chev V8 manual flywheel is reused in this conversion
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Be the first to review this product.