Bell Housing Adaptor Kit – Chev V8 Petrol (late) 168 Tooth Flywheel to LandCruiser 10/1984 on (Manual)
AUD$2,955.00 (Excl. Tax AUD$2,686.36)
Toyota LandCruiser engine conversion using the Chev V8 (late 168T) petrol engine – steel flywheel
- 60 series – FJ60, FJ62, HJ60, HJ61 & BJ60 (BJ see note below) – 5-speed manual gearboxes (10/1984 on)
- 70 series – FJ70, FJ73, FJ75, HJ73, HJ75, BJ73 & BJ75 (BJ see note below) – 5-speed manual gearboxes (10/1984 on)
- Ask a Question
- Reviews (0)
Bell Housing Adaptor Kit – Chev V8 Petrol (late) 168 Tooth Flywheel to Toyota LandCruiser 10/1984 on (Manual)
This kit comprises of a full replacement bell housing running a 3 piece steel flywheel. The new steel flywheel is the same design as the one used with the LS series engine kits. It is supplied with a flex plate stiffener which bolts up to the original GM flex plate, the stiffener is basically a very thin flywheel. A crankshaft adaptor/spacer is bolted to the crankshaft which also secures the flex plate/ring gear and flex plate stiffener to the crankshaft. The original GM flex plate with the 168-tooth ring gear is used. The new steel flywheel is drilled and doweled to accept the standard LandCruiser 11″ clutch as fitted to FJ## series engines. The flywheel assembly is heavier than a standard flywheel, giving greater inertia allowing the engine to idle smoother. The extra weight also helps to give less chance of stalling the engine when off road, climbing over rocks, and taking off on steep inclines. The extra weight of the flywheel has no adverse effect on the engine.
As the flywheel setup requires the use of a flex plate having a 168-tooth ring gear you must make sure you have the correct Chevy starter motor.
Externally balanced GM engines can be used with these kits as the new flywheel setup utilises the original GM flex plate. The flex plate carries the ring gear and the balance weight for the specific engine.
When fitting the GM V8 to a BJ LandCruiser either a gearbox swap or a gearbox modification/rebuild is required. The input shaft in the BJ gearbox has a 21 tooth clutch spline and must be changed to a 10 tooth type as found in the petrol FJ## models.
Changing the input shaft allows the use of our kit part no. (MFK371#####). The new flywheel is drilled and doweled to accept the LandCruiser 11″ clutch along with the new bell housing that measures 240mm/9.45″ in length. The new bell housing and flywheel combination have been designed to move the engine forward giving adequate clearance between the cylinder heads and firewall. Re positioning of the transmission or firewall modifications are not required with this kit.
The bell housing accepts all the LandCruiser 2F 6-cylinder petrol components such as the bell housing mounts, slave cylinder, clutch fork etc. This means, some additional “2F” petrol parts will be required. Left and right bell housing mounts and bolts, clutch slave cylinder, push rod and bolts, thrust bearing carrier, clutch fork, clutch fork pivot, clutch fork boot, bell housing breather boot & gearbox front cover plate.
Clutch Kit – MCK453
- It will also be necessary to identify the year of your Chevy engine, particularly the late model engines as the crankshaft bolt pattern changed in 1986. The post 1986 Chevy small block engines were also externally balanced. One way to identify a late model Chevy engine is by the one piece, external rear main oil seal.
- Bell housing
- Flex plate stiffener
- Crankshaft adaptor
- Flywheel cover plate
- Spigot bearing
- Oil pressure sender adaptor
- Water temperature sender adaptor
- Downloadable Instructions (requires login)
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser
- 60 series – FJ60, FJ62, HJ60, HJ61 & BJ60 (BJ see note above) – 5-speed manual gearboxes (10/1984 on)
- 70 series – FJ70, FJ73, FJ75, HJ73, HJ75, BJ73 & BJ75 (BJ see note above) – 5-speed manual gearboxes (10/1984 on)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.