Electric Secondary Park Brake (ESPB) to suit – Toyota LandCruiser 70 Series by Bendix
If you’ve ever tried parking your 70 series LandCruiser on a steep incline with the handbrake engaged, you would have felt the unnerving feeling of the vehicle starting to roll down the slope.
Bendix has now released an innovative solution incorporating an electric park brake (EPB) for the rear axle while retaining the mechanical hand brake, adding the ESPB function as an added benefit.
The Bendix Electric Secondary Park Brake, is a complete ‘bolt-on’ fitment that complements the existing OE park brake with no change to the vehicle’s hydraulic mechanism, pad shape and original park brake.
The ESPB works in conjunction with the factory park brake as a backup safety solution using an electric park brake caliper, which ensures the parking brake always applies the appropriate clamping pressure, minimising any risk of vehicle roll-away.
To provide additional holding ability, the kit features both rear left and right single piston calipers that act on the rear disc brake rotors, minimising the likelihood of ‘roll aways’ on steep hills, a scenario that can be worse when the vehicle is heavily loaded or towing.
ADR Compliance is not required for the kit as the factory OEM park brake is unaffected & remains fully compliant with the design & test requirements defined in ADR35/06.
Auto Activation Feature
The EPB can also be hardwired to allow for other auto-activation options, including auto-activation of the parking brake when the driver’s door is opened or if a door on a service body is opened.
This is a great safety feature for work and commercial vehicles to prevent accidental vehicle rollaways.
The Bendix Difference
The Bendix electric park brake kit comes with all required hardware, plus the addition of Bendix’s well-proven Ultimate Brake Pads.
- Apply the factory park brake
- Activate the ESPB using the dash-mounted switch = Vehicle is now secure
- Turning the ignition off automatically activates the ESPB
Key Features & Benefits
- No need for ADR compliance
- Auto-safe engagement when the ignition is off (Prevents accidental roll away)
- Ability to automatically apply the Park Brake when the driver’s door is opened
- Retains factory manual park brake mechanism & operation
- Firm and secure park brake hold even with heavy vehicles or loads
- Plug & Play installation
- Factory-style cabin switch
- Fitting time approx. 3hours
- 2 x EPB (Electric Park Brake) Calipers
- 1 x set of DB1200 Bendix Ultimate brake pads
- Wiring Loom
- Dashboard Switch
- Electric Controller
- Downloadable Installation Instructions
FREE OFFER – Bendix 17L Retro Icebox (Value $90)
Keep your drinks or lunch cooled when you’re on the go with the 17L Bendix Retro insulated Icebox.
A great choice for the camper, fisherman or just for a picnic in the park, utilizing a secure lid and handle for ease of carrying to your destination.
- Capacity – 17L
- Outer dimensions – 33 x 23.5 x 41cm
- Weight – 4.8Kg
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser
- 70 Series – FZJ, HDJ, HZJ, VDJ
- Please note: It does not suit the JMACX coil conversion
- Installation by qualified automotive technicians only!