Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit Chev V8 Petrol (early) 168 Tooth Flywheel to LandCruiser Gearbox (4.5L) (5-speed manual)
Our Marks4WD Bell Housing Adaptor kit for a Chev V8 petrol engine conversion to the Toyota LandCruiser 5-speed manual gearbox using an early pre-1986 engine with 168 tooth steel flywheel.
This kit comprises a flywheel housing running a 3-piece steel flywheel.
The flywheel housing is supplied, which measures 61mm/2.4“ long. This housing has the GM bolt pattern on the front and the Toyota 1FZ bolt pattern on the rear.
The new steel flywheel is the same design as the one used with the LS series engine kits. It is supplied with a flex plate stiffener that bolts up to the original GM flex plate; the stiffener is basically a very thin flywheel. A crankshaft adaptor/spacer is bolted to the crankshaft, which also secures the flex plate/ring gear and flex plate stiffener to the crankshaft.
The original GM flex plate with the 168-tooth ring gear is used. The new steel flywheel is drilled and doweled to accept the standard LandCruiser 4.5Lt 12“ clutch as fitted to FZJ series engines.
The flywheel assembly is heavier than a standard flywheel, giving greater inertia allowing the engine to idle smoother. The extra weight also helps to give less chance of stalling the engine when off-road, climbing over rocks, and taking off on steep inclines. The extra weight of the flywheel has no adverse effect on the engine.
- Toyota LandCruiser FZJ75 FZJ78 FZJ79 – 11″ – CK6977
- Toyota LandCruiser FZJ80 12″ (01/1995 – 07/1996) – MCK120
- Toyota LandCruiser FZJ80 / FZJ105 12″ – MCK120L
- Toyota LandCruiser FZJ80 / FZJ105 12″- MCK120L
- Flywheel housing
- Flexplate stiffener
- Crankshaft adaptor
- Flywheel & cover plate
- Spigot bearing
- Oil pressure sender adaptor
- Water temperature sender adaptor
- Bolts, Washers
- Downloadable Instructions
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser
- 4.5L 1FZ 5-speed manual transmission
- You will need to reuse the original 168T GM auto flex plate from your engine.