Transfer Case Adaptor to suit 4L80E to Toyota LandCruiser 70, 80, 100, 105 Series (HF2A Case)
The kit is designed to use a GM transmission from a 4WD vehicle. However, the 2WD version can be used with modification to the output shaft and the coupling shaft supplied in the kit.
The automatic transmission main output shaft drives the transfer case through the new coupler shaft supplied in the kit. The adaptor housing is machined to accept the 80/100 series HF2A transmission mounting rubber.
- The 2WD transmission comes with two versions of output shafts, only one of these is suitable for the conversion.
- The below photo is of a suitable 2WD version. Note the spline length.
- When using a 4L80E to replace a 4-speed Toyota automatic, the cross member mounting holes will need slotting/modified to allow the transfer case to move rearward slightly. This crossmember modification may or may not be required, and the tailshafts may also need to be adjusted depending on the engine being fitted.
- When using a 4L80E to replace a 5-speed Toyota manual gearbox, the transfer case will need to be moved rearward, requiring the crossmember to be modified. The tailshafts will also need to be adjusted.
- The hi-low 4WD-lever housing is simply bolted to the top of the new adaptor housing.
- The automatic transmission main output shaft is retained; therefore the transmission will not require disassembly.
- The 4L80E has an overall case length of 661mm (26″)
- The adaptor housing is 133mm (5.25″) long and when coupled to the 4L80E measures 794mm (31.25″).
- Toyota LandCruiser 80 & 100 series full-time 4wd HF2A transfer case.
- Toyota LandCruiser 70 & 105 series part-time 4wd HF1A transfer case with 19 spline input
- 2 Adaptor housings
- Transfer case input shaft
- Downloadable Instructions (requires login)