Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit LS V8 to Nissan Patrol Y60 / Y61 (5-speed manual) LHD
Our Marks4Wd Bell Housing Adaptor Kit suits an LS V8 engine conversion to a Left Hand Drive Nissan Patrol Y60 / Y61 fitted with the factory 5-speed manual gearbox.
This is our newly designed full replacement bell housing conversion setup for fitting LS series V8 engines into a GU or GQ Nissan Patrol. This custom-made bell housing is engineered and manufactured exclusively by Mark’s 4WD Adaptors.
The bell housing kit consists of a full replacement bell housing which couples the engine to the original 5-speed manual transmission (RB30 and RD28 powered vehicles will need to fit the larger TB / TD / ZD gearbox). The bell housing spaces the new engine away from the irregular shape of the Nissan Patrol firewall. No firewall modifications or re-positioning of the transfer case is required. The bell housing is designed to allow the right-hand exhaust to cross under and give as much ground clearance as possible.
We supply an input shaft extension that fits over the original Nissan gearbox input shaft – this shaft allows us to change to the 26-tooth GM spline allowing us to use a GM-style clutch which has a much higher clamping ability compared to the Nissan clutch.
The heavy-duty billet flywheel has been designed for 4WD applications. It is 10mm thicker than the factory LS flywheel, which is prone to cracking. The greater weight also helps the engine maintain momentum at low revs when 4WDing. The clutch is a heavy-duty Exedy cover & Seco organic plate with a massive 1250kg of clamp load – this clutch will suit all N/A (naturally aspirated) engines.
The kit includes a new clutch master cylinder and self-adjusting concentric slave cylinder, which is matched perfectly to the clutch. Once the bell housing/clutch/flywheel setup is installed, you will have a very smooth and even-feeling clutch, but with loads of clamping pressure to handle all N/A engines.
The engine mount rubbers in this kit are a brand new item that has been designed and manufactured in Australia specifically for this engine conversion. The factory chassis posts require careful removal, and the new posts are welded and then painted. The block brackets will bolt up to the block, and the new engine mounts will fit up to these and the newly welded chassis posts. All the required nuts, bolts and washers are supplied.
The LS engine accessories (alternator & air conditioning) will require modification due to the position of the Patrol chassis rails. We can supply these modified accessory mounts for both LS1 (VT-VZ) and late LS2 (VE-VF) style accessories. (see products below)
This kit only suits LHD (left-hand drive) vehicles due to the clutch master cylinder location.
- Full replacement bell housing – pre-assembled with an internal concentric slave cylinder
- Input shaft extension
- Spigot bearing
- Cover plate
- Genuine Nissan gearbox input shaft seal
- Oil pressure and water temp sender adaptors
- Heavy-duty billet steel flywheel
- Heavy-duty Exedy clutch kit – 1250kg clamp load
- Clutch master cylinder and braided clutch line
- ARP flywheel crank bolts
- Alignment tool
- Fixing hardware
- Heavy-duty Australian Made engine mounts
- Weld in chassis mounts
- Nuts, bolts & washers
- Downloadable Instructions
To Suit – Nissan Patrol
- GQ (Y60) – 4.2L petrol (factory diesel manual gearbox)
- GU (Y61) – 4.2L, 4.5L, 4.8L (factory diesel manual gearbox)
- Left Hand Drive models only
- LS1, LS2, LS3 Series V8’s
- RB30 and RD28 models will need to fit the larger TB, TD, ZD gearbox
- If fitting to front leaf spring vehicles such as the early cab chassis GQ and Ford Maverick vehicles, you will need to check diff clearance before welding the mounts in place
- The LS engine alternator will require high-mounted kits due to the position of the engine brackets.
- You can mount a low LS1 A/C compressor using our kit MFK20176 or MFK20171
- Welding is required