Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit LS Series V8 to Toyota LandCruiser 80, 105 Series 4.5L (5-speed manual)
Our Marks4wd Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit Toyota LandCruiser LS V8 engine conversion fitted with a factory manual gearbox
This kit comprises a flywheel housing running a three-piece steel flywheel.
The supplied flywheel housing measures 61 mm/2.4″ long. This housing has the GM bolt pattern on the front and the Toyota 1FZ bolt pattern on the rear.
The kit is supplied with a flex plate stiffener that bolts up to the original GM flex plate; the stiffener is basically a very thin flywheel. A crankshaft adaptor/spacer is bolted to the crankshaft, securing the flex plate/ring gear and stiffener to the crankshaft. The original GM flex plate with the 168-tooth ring gear is used. The new steel flywheel is drilled and dowelled to accept the standard LandCruiser 4.5Lt 12″ clutch as fitted to FZJ## series engines.
The flywheel assembly is offset to the rear to place the clutch in its original position.
The flywheel assembly is heavier than a standard flywheel, giving greater inertia allowing the engine to idle smoother. The extra weight also helps to give less chance of stalling the engine when off-road, climbing over rocks and taking off on steep inclines. The extra weight of the flywheel has no adverse effect on the engine.
The kit is also supplied with an oil pressure sensor adaptor; the adaptor is fitted in place of the GM sender located behind the intake manifold at the back of the engine block.
A water temperature adaptor is also supplied with the adaptor fitted in the right-hand cylinder head behind the exhaust manifold, and it accepts the original Toyota sender.
- FZJ80 (01/1992 – 12/1994) 4.5L Petrol – MCK12oE
- FZJ80 (01/1995 – 07/1996) – MCK120
- FZJ80 (09/1996 on) – MCK120l
- FZJ105 – MCK120l
- Adaptor flywheel housing
- Flexplate stiffener
- Crankshaft adaptor
- Flywheel & cover plate
- Spigot bearing
- Oil pressure sender adaptor
- Water temperature sender adaptor
- Spacers, Bolts, Washers
- Downloadable Instructions
To Suit – Toyota LandCruiser
- 80, 105 Series (factory 5-speed manual)
- LS1, LS2, LS3 Series V8’s
- The original 168-tooth auto flex plate is used in this conversion
- The centre holes on your cross member must be slotted to shift the engine and transmission forward 25mm to provide clearance of the ignition coil pack to the firewall.
- We recommend using our tail shaft spacer to extend the driveshaft length. MFK1421