Bell Housing Adaptor Kit to suit Chev V8 Petrol (168 tooth flywheel) to Nissan Patrol GQ / GU Auto Transmission
The kit consists of an adaptor housing which couples the new engine to the original petrol bell housing. The new adaptor housing measures 72 mm in length and spaces the Chevy engine away from the irregular shape of the Nissan Patrol firewall. No firewall modifications or repositioning of the original transmission is required.
The automatic transmission is retained in its original location along with the original torque converter and flex plate. A specially machined crankshaft adaptor supplied with the kit bolts to the rear of the GM engine and flywheel. The adaptor converts the rear crankshaft bolt pattern from GM dimensions to standard Nissan 6 bolt crank dimensions allowing the Nissan flex-plate and torque converter to be connected to the engine.
A standard GM flywheel is needed for the conversion. The GM automatic flex-plate is not used as the ring gear can be pushed away from the starter pinion while cranking.
An adaptor housing cover plate, which protects the bottom of the automatic transmission from water and dust entry and all the required bolts, nuts and washers, are also supplied with the kit.
An oil pressure sender adaptor is supplied in the kit. The adaptor allows the original Nissan sender to be fitted to the Chevy engine.
A water temperature adaptor is also supplied in the kit. This adaptor allows the original Nissan Temperature gauge sender to be fitted to the Chevy engine.
- Adaptor flywheel housing
- Crank adaptor boss
- Adaptor housing cover plate
- Oil pressure sender adaptor
- Water temp sender adaptor
- Bump stop extension
- Bolts, Washers
- Downloadable Instructions (requires login)
- Nissan Patrol GQ (Y60) – 4.2L petrol automatic transmission
- Nissan Patrol GU (Y61) – 4.5L, 4.8L petrol automatic transmission
- Only suits pre 1986 Chevy petrol engines with a 168 tooth flywheel
- You will need to run the smaller reduction drive starter motor with the conversion. These starter motors are smaller in the main body and will provide greater starter motors to driveshaft clearance.
- We used a McLeod Hi-Torque starter on our vehicle.